WHEN WE EAT CRAWFISH TOGETHER…
We make a difference in the lives of Central Texas Families living with the challenges of ALS.
The Busby Foundation was established in November 2001 by friends and colleagues to honor the courageous life and legacy of former ALS victim, Bo Busby. The Foundation provides financial support and assistance to Central Texas families who are facing the challenges of a loved one with ALS. Our financial support and continued empathy comforts patients and their families when the disease may overwhelm them with its ongoing demands and lifestyle changes.
Since its inception, The Busby Foundation has assisted many patients and their families in Central Texas. With your support, we have helped Central Texas families by
- Providing financial “gap” assistance until federal agencies’ aid begins.
- Directing families on available resources to assist them during these challenging times.
- Constructing wheelchairs and incorporating handicap access features into their home.
- Assisting with home healthcare and nursing aid.
- Supplying transportation vouchers to help with hospital visits.
- Donating services to help families secure wheelchairs, breathing equipment, stair lifts and other mobility devices.
- Making lasting, lifetime memories through our Memories Programming.
- Supporting families with ALS and their children’s education through the Educational Gifting Program.
After 17 years strong, the Lonestar Crawfish Festival is just one way in which funds are raised to continue the Foundation’s mission. Read more at www.BusbyALS.org.
THERE WILL BE MORE IN 2024!
The 2023 event was back at Stubb’s Bar-B-Q in Austin, TX, and it was yet another successful event! With fresh crawfish, cold beer, live music, and auction-sold treasures, we were able to raise funds to help our Central Texas Families who are living with ALS and all the challenges that the disease brings as it progresses.
Stay tuned. We are planning for more in 2024!