WE THANK OUR MANY STARS
It may be the “LONE STAR” Crawfish Festival, but we are by far NOT ALONE in the battle against ALS. There are MANY stars who continue to support our mission, and at the 15th Annual Festival there were no exceptions! After 15 successful years, they continue to shine bright as sponsors, volunteers, staff, board members, performers, ambassadors, and event attendees. We are grateful for each and every one of you who have participated at the 2019 event and years past. With your support, we continue to spread awareness and help more Central Texas families battling ALS.
What’s It All For?
The Busby Foundation was established in November 2001 by friends and colleagues to honor the courageous life and legacy of former ALS victim, Bo Busby. The Foundation provides financial support and assistance to Central Texas families who are facing the challenges of a loved one with ALS. Our financial support and continued empathy comforts patients and their families when the disease may overwhelm them with its ongoing demands and lifestyle changes.
Since its inception, The Busby Foundation has assisted many patients and their families in Central Texas. With your support, we have helped Central Texas families by
- Providing financial “gap” assistance until federal agencies’ aid begins.
- Directing families on available resources to assist them during these challenging times.
- Constructing wheelchair and incorporating handicap access features into their home.
- Assisting with home healthcare and nursing aid.
- Supplying transportation vouchers to help with hospital visits.
- Donating services to help families secure wheelchairs, breathing equipment, stair lifts and other mobility devices.
- Making lasting, lifetime memories through our Memories Programming.
- Supporting families with ALS and their children’s education through the Educational Gifting Program.
We are BACK ON April 23, 2022
Whew! It’s finally a GO! The Lonestar Crawfish Festival is our primary means for raising money to support families in Central Texas suffering from ALS, and we are excited to announce it is a GO for Saturday, April 23, 2022 at The Belmont, in Austin, TX!
Your partnerships and support are the lifeblood of our organization, and we cannot thank you enough for your holding on with us as the world worked through the pandemic.
Look for event details to come!