CRAWFISH, A CAUSE, & OUR COMMUNITY
At the 14th Annual Lonestar Crawfish Festival, there was plenty of crawfish. And the crawfish, libations, and live music brought the crowd. But this crowd was more than just a gathering of people. It was, and still is, a community who supports The Busby Foundation. Raising both awareness of ALS and the funds to support families whose loved ones are battling this disease are the results of many. To all the participants, volunteers, partners, sponsors, event coordinators and musicians, The Busby Foundation thanks you from the bottom of our hearts. Again, we are amazed of the power of this community.
What’s It All For?
The Busby Foundation was established in November 2001 by friends and colleagues to honor the courageous life and legacy of former ALS victim, Bo Busby. The Foundation provides financial support and assistance to Central Texas families who are facing the challenges of a loved one with ALS. Our financial support and continued empathy comforts patients and their families when the disease may overwhelm them with its ongoing demands and lifestyle changes.
Since its inception, The Busby Foundation has assisted many patients and their families in Central Texas. With your support, we have helped Central Texas families by
- Providing financial “gap” assistance until federal agencies’ aid begins.
- Directing families on available resources to assist them during these challenging times.
- Constructing wheelchair and incorporating handicap access features into their home.
- Assisting with home healthcare and nursing aid.
- Supplying transportation vouchers to help with hospital visits.
- Donating services to help families secure wheelchairs, breathing equipment, stair lifts and other mobility devices.
- Making lasting, lifetime memories through our Memories Programming.
- Supporting families with ALS and their children’s education through the Educational Gifting Program.
COMING SPRING 2019
The 15th Annual Lonestar Crawfish Festival is just a few months away.
There will be plenty of crawfish, lots of beer, rocking tunes from local artists, and hopefully, you!
Come as a volunteer, as a sponsor, or as one who is willing to support Central Texas families who have loved ones inflicted with ALS.