ROCKING FOR A GREAT CAUSE
JOIN US IN CELEBRATING good food, beer and “all-you-can-eat” crawfish at Stubbs BBQ during the Annual Crawfish Festival. We’ll be partying Cajun-style with great live music right in your backyard. All
proceeds from the event will go towards the Busby Foundation as they support Central Texas families affected by ALS.
The Busby Foundation was established in November 2001 by friends and colleagues to honor the courageous life and legacy of former ALS victim, Bo Busby. The foundation provides financial support and assistance to Central Texas families with gifts ranging from a few hundred to many thousands of dollars. Our financial support and continued empathy comforts patients and their families when the disease may overwhelm them with its ongoing demands and lifestyle changes. Since its inception, The Busby Foundation has assisted many patients and their families in the Central Texas area by:
- Provide financial “gap” assistance until federal agency aid begins.
- Directing families on available resources in managing these challenges.
- Constructing wheelchair and handicap accessibility features into their home.
- Assisting with home health care and nursing aid.
- Supplying transportation vouchers to help with hospital visits.
- Donating services to help families secure wheelchairs, breathing equipment, stair lifts and other mobility devices.
- Showing compassion and empathy in demonstrating the community of ready and willing support in their battle with ALS.